Monday, January 29, 2007

Napa Girls Weekend...


Weekend started off great - had Friday off to take care of some house business (pigeons are finally getting taken care of!) and take care of some shopping for my trip. Then on to happy hour for Sushi. I can never get enough California rolls!

The real adventure though was the trip to Napa Saturday and Sunday - I must admit I was not as excited at first. Sure, a weekend with my best girlfriends sounded like a fabulous plan, but anyone who knows me well would wonder why I would head to wine country! I am happy to report that it surely exceeded my expectations, and I finally discovered a wine that I like! It was winter, so the vines were empty but the hospitality was wonderful. We had a limo for the day to head to several wineries. Day started at Frog's leap - who has a holistic view of making wine, from having a garden nearby the vineyards to using no pesticides. Our guide was wonderful and made sure we had a unique tour - I doubt I can ever say anyone will let us in the wine fermentation tank again! Imagine seven girls like a clown car coming out of a small hole. From there we went to several more, Robert Mondavi, St. Supery, Regusi, and then Peju the next day. The most memerable moments were being left alone at Mondavi, St. Supery Moscato, the rapping employee at Peju, and 5 girls trying to get through the airport with 3 heavy boxes! It was only two days, but with all we did felt like more. I can see why so many people appreciate wine, the country is unbelievably beautiful!

On another note...I have discovered there are so many people that play tennis! I just start talking about how I am learning to play tennis, and it enevitably comes up that several people at the table currently or used to play. I am no where near yet playing any of them, but maybe with practice. :) And....the thought of the day I heard this last week "Most people when they say they are being realistic are actually being pessimistic" Optimistic thoughts to all of you this week!

0 comments: