Over the weekend I met up with several of my college friends that were on the ASU Flagline with me. What started as a brunch with a few girls is now turning into an alumni club for anyone that has been on the ASU flagline. There is just something special about your college years, the friendships made and that unique time in your life that you can share with others who had the same experience. In college, I was not actually as close to some of the girls as I am now but we still have those shared experiences together. I am very excited to see what comes in the future – more brunches, backpacking trips, horse backing riding – life sure is fun.
Another adventure I have been experiencing is immersion swimming. I have only had two lessons so far, but I am already learning so much! In the last session, I had a video analysis done. Let me just say – when you see something on tape that sure makes it real! I can really see all the errors I make while swimming. In order to do the triathlon, I want to get rid of all the drag I can in the water. I cannot say enough good things about Anne my coach. She is the only immersion certified coach in AZ, and is the nicest person I can think of for coaching all the things you are doing wrong! She can be found at Camelback Coaching. I may use them as well for my tri training, I am getting near buying a race bike right now in addition to my mountain bike.
Another adventure I have been experiencing is immersion swimming. I have only had two lessons so far, but I am already learning so much! In the last session, I had a video analysis done. Let me just say – when you see something on tape that sure makes it real! I can really see all the errors I make while swimming. In order to do the triathlon, I want to get rid of all the drag I can in the water. I cannot say enough good things about Anne my coach. She is the only immersion certified coach in AZ, and is the nicest person I can think of for coaching all the things you are doing wrong! She can be found at Camelback Coaching. I may use them as well for my tri training, I am getting near buying a race bike right now in addition to my mountain bike.
For all of my non-profit news, I am really getting in to the planning for the next Viva Event - May 3rd, 2008! This year I am the co-chair for the 20-30 club. This event is held at the Tempe Historial Museum to benefit Florence Crittenton. Food from local restaurants, drinks, and fun gambling based on a "Vegas" theme (not for $ of course, but for our own version of dollars). I really hope to see all of you there, so keep the date open. I will send more info as time goes on. I am also just starting to help Junior Acheievement with a woman's golf tournament in early April. You may be thinking - I have never seen Shelly golf - and you are right. :) Not required, but I am thinking of taking lessons this fall, any other takers with me??? I am still going strong with the YMCA Camping board as well, but since there is not too much happening this year in the fall I can help with these other groups.


2 comments:
I'll take golf lessons with you, been talking about it for years. Also, keep me posted on the Viva Event. I marked it down.
Post a Comment